This card is part of the Not Enough Paper Challenge.
Supplies used by all cards in challenge
- Stampin' Up! Birthday Whimsy Set (cake stamp)
- Stampin' Up! So Many Scallops (tag)
- Stampin' Up! Borderline Set (make your own paper)
- My Sentiments Exactly! TT208 Birthday Sentiments
- DCWV 4.5" x 6.5" Glitter Mat Stack
- 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch
- 1 3/4" circle punch
- yellow glitter glue
- 1 15/16" 2 3/16" white to stamp cake
- 2 3/16" x 2 7/16 mat for cake
- 4" x 5 1/4" white or ivory paper
- 2 7/18" x 5 1/4" paper for right hand side
- coordinating grosgrain ribbon
- Tagger tool
- 1/4" tagger tails
- 1/8" hole punch
- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" cardstock for base
- ink pad that coordinates with base
- Pick a base color for your card. Fold 8 1/2" x 5 1/4" cardstock in base color into 4 1/4" x 5 1/4" card.
- Cut 2 3/16" x 2 7/16" mat in base color.
- Cut 1 15/16" x 2 3/16" white or ivory cardstock. Stamp cake image on this piece using coordinating ink color.
- Cut 4" x 5 1/4" white or ivory cardstock for base mat.
- Find a coordinating pattern paper and cut a 1 1/8" x 5 1/4" piece. You also make your own by stamping on white in a coordinating ink color. Mount this piece to the left hand side of the base mat.
- Stamp tag sentiment in coordinating color on scrap white.
- Punch out sentiment. Punch out extra blank and glue to back with a liquid glue to give tag extra stiffness and durability. Let dry.
- Punch 1/8" hole for tagger needle.
- Cover border between these two pieces of cardstock with ribbon. You can tie a bow or knot or not. Attach tag to ribbon using tagger gun an 1/4" tagger before sticking the ribbon down. I found it easiest to tie the bow and then punch 1/8" hole for tagger gun needle in the right place before I adhered the ends of the ribbon to the underside of the base mat.
- Attach base mat to center of card front.
- Attach cake image to its mat and then attach to card front using dimensional foam.
- Stamp "Happy Birthday To You" on the base mat in the remaining space. This a clear stamp and it is easiest to position correctly after all the other elements are in place. Image should be stamped in center of remaining space taking into account the area occupied by the tag.
- Decorate the flames of the candles on the cake and tag with a yellow glitter glue.